GOLDEN ROSE BULGARIAN FEATURE FILM FESTIVAL 2017 AWARDS
Feature Film Jury:
President: Prof. Bojidar Manov, film critic, journalist, teacher
and Jury members:
Yana Marinova, actress; Ludmil Stanev, writer/screenwriter/playwright; Georgi Toshev, journalist/producer and Prof. Stanimir Trifonov, director;
Short Film Jury:
President: Martina Vachkova, actress
and Jury members:
Genoveva Dimitrova, film critic, and Dimitar Kotzev – Shosho, director,
Watching the full competition programme of feature and short films and holding the due debates, decided to
Bestow as follows:
The Short Film Jury:
Golden Rose Award for Best Short Film goes to
Sunflower Spaceship 1
by Vasil Goranov for a cinematographic blast, emotional magic and unbridled daring.
The Jury gave two Special Mentions to
– Hole by Jonathan Heidelberger
for its gently told story with excitingly represented characters;
– Nights of a Lonely Messenger by Andrey Koulev
for visual brilliance.
The Feature Film Jury:
Golden Rose Award for Best Feature Film goes to
– Omnipresent, producers: Matey Konstantinov, Ilian Djevelekov, Georgi Dimitrov – Miramar Film; director: Ilian Djevelekov; writers: Matey Konstantinov, Ilian Djevelekov; director of photography: Emil Christov
The eye of the omnipresent camera exposes the lonely human soul in a cold world of breakthrough technologies.
This year’s winner of Golden Rose 2017 Award for Best Feature Film receives Danny Lerner Award (€50,000 in services and €5,000 in cash) provided by Nu Boyana Film Studios for the development of their next feature project.
The Jury also gave an Honourable Mention to
– Directions, producers: Stephan Komandarev, Katya Trichkova – Argo Film; director: Stephan Komandarev; writers: Simeon Ventsislavov, Stephan Komandarev; director of photography: Vesselin Hristov
The film crosses with anguish the directions of a slice of life in Bulgaria that leads from the dramas of everyday existence to terminals 1 and 2 for international departures.
Special Award of the City of Varna goes to
– Enemies, producers: Svetla Tsotsorkova, Svetoslav Ovcharov – Omega Films; director/writer: Svetoslav Ovcharov; director of photography: Rali Ralchev; set designer: Georgi Todorov; costume designer: Elena Stoianova
The film reenacts a historical episode by telling moving, real-life stories.
Best Director Award goes to
– на ¾ by Ilian Metev;
Best Screenwriter Award goes to
– Teodora Markova, Georgi Ivanov, Nevena Kertova, Teo Chepilov for Bubblegum;
Best Cinematographer Award goes to
– Nenad Boroevich for Light Thereafter;
Best Actress Award goes to
– Teodora Duhovnikova for her role in Omnipresent
– Irini Jambonas for her role in Directions;
Best Actor Award goes to
– Velislav Pavlov for his role in Omnipresent;
Best Feature Film Debut goes to
– Radiogram by Rouzie Hassanova.
The Jury gave a Special Mention to
– director Yassen Grigorov and the creative team behind Lilly The little Fish
for their noble efforts in the delicate field of children’s film.
This year Tatiana Lolova receives the 2017 Golden Rose Award for lifetime achievement.
At the 35th edition of Golden Rose Festival of Bulgarian Feature Film, awards were also given as follows:
The Union of Bulgarian Filmmakers Award to Vasil Goranov
for Sunflower Spaceship 1;
The Critics Guild Award (UBF) to feature film Omnipresent by Ilian Djevelekov and the short Snails by Albena Puneva;
People’s Choice Award to Omnipresent by Ilian Djevelekov;
Accredited Journalists’ Award to Directions by Stephan Komandarev.